Monday, March 9, 2009

Experience

This morning, I woke next to a sick, fevered, sore throated, coughing Hess. She had crawled into our bed at about 2 am and I didn't have the heart, nor the energy to send her back to her bed...which leaves me a very sleepy mother this morning. None the less, she is sick. Her cough sounds painful. Her eyes are puffy from poor sleep. But with all that, she is chipper...and if she had it her way, she'd be out trying to turn cartwheels. But she doesn't have it her way this morning...she'll be in bed.

This flu that is passing through our family has been a bit nerve racking to me. It is not caring for the sick that seems hard, but knowing I have no control over who is going to end up with the flu next. Hand washing and location only go so far in a home. I have been worried that Bina will get it...if she hasn't already.

So, this morning, as I was praying with Will (my turn to pray), my own fears about Bina and the flu crept in. I am thankful for prayer. I can talk with Heavenly Father and tell him how I feel: my worries, my hopes, my joys, my sadness, my gratefulness, my disappointments. And He listens. And when I am still enough, calm enough and have faith enough, I can hear Him answer. And so, in answer to my worries this morning , I learned that this life gives "experience"...and it is good. And I don't need to worry. So for today, "Come what may, and love it!"

No comments: