Friday, December 25, 2009

Gifts

About gifts.

My children. They Love gifts.

They have hoped for a Christmas like today. Snow, gifts, gifts and more gifts.

I have thought about their excitement and joy of receiving gifts. They were so excited, that they couldn't sleep till wee into the night because Santa would bring gifts for morning.

They love gifts, they love help. They ask for both...a lot.

I think somewhere down the string of years, I figured I was too Old to Want help, too Old to Need help, and to Old to Ask for help. I was too Old to enjoy gifts, too Grown to receive gifts, and too Big to want gifts.

And so these gifts that were given so lovingly, so generously, so anonymously without want of repayment, so as to bless our family...has helped me see His love for me. My need for Him.

It is my "Remember" lesson...to want His help and want His gifts. To accept help...and gifts...because it is His love going through another.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: