Sunday, February 21, 2010

This morning, as I lay beside my sick six-year old, she told me that she afraid to die (she's had a fever and feels lousy). We talked about it for a few minutes. Then, In bounded my eight-year old.

"Oh! Are you afraid to die? You only six years old. If you died now, you'd go right back to Heavenly Father. You don't even have to repent!" All this with a big grin on her face.

"There's no reason to be afraid! The rest of us, we all have to repent (excluding the almost two year old of course). Besides, if you died now, it's because Heavenly Father said it was time for you to go back. See, there's no reason to be afraid." Still grinning.

"Oh we'd miss you, but it would be okay. We'd see you again."


Trying to chime in I added, "We'd boo hoo here because we missed you. But you'd be our cheerleader from the other side."

And there it is, a great lesson from the eight-year old that death is not scary, not even for a six-year old.

1 comment:

My Heart Squared said...

What a wonderfully sweet story and what a blessing it is who have children who comfort other children by teaching doctrine!!! I hope she feels better fast!