Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fingers and Toes

A conversation I had yesterday with my 7 year-old after clipping her fingernails and toenails and she had gathered them all into her hands.

7 year-old: Mom, do you know what I am going to do with these (fingernails and toenails)?

Mom: Um. Collect them in a jar?

7 year-old: Nope! I'm going to plant them!

Mom: Really? What do you think will grow?

7 year-old: I'm not sure.

Mom: Hmmm. Would be interesting to see what grows. Well, there are some great spots for planting out back.

7 year-old: Thanks, Mom!


Today, the conversation continued.


Mom: Well, did you plant your fingernails and toenails?

7 year-old: Yup! Out back in the dirt where that little stick tree is sticking out.

Mom: And what do you think will grow?

7 year-old: A tree with fingernails and toenails.

I am almost tempted to plant some seeds there...tee hee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haahaha!!! Can I plant a tomato plant there? She'll be stumped for quite a while! :)

Lusche said...

That would be funny...I wonder what she would plant next to see what would sprout.