Friday, July 30, 2010

Alive in Christ

Yesterday I was feeling very blue.

At some point, I curled up in bed to take a nap hoping to sleep off some

of the sleepy sadness I was feeling.

It felt familiar...depression of not too long ago.

As I lay in bed, I reached up for the scriptures and read where I had left

off the night before.

Mosiah Chapter 3

A beautiful chapter on Jesus Christ's atonement.

When I came to verse 19...which reads:

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

...my spirit felt the need to reach for the Atonement to heal and lift and

pull me from the place I was in.

I had been relying on my dear husband to help pull me out of the blue and

depressed state in which I felt stuck.

And when I read this verse, I knew to Whom I needed to turn.

Only in Christ can my burdens truly be lifted.

So, in that quiet moment,

I poured out my heart...

and waited...

and listened....

I felt His peaceful reassurance,

and comfort

that coming to Him is the only sure Way to find peace.

Sometime later, after sleeping for just a short while,

I woke,

my spirit lifted,

filled with hope and reassurance of God's and Christ's love for me.

No comments: