Friday, April 16, 2010

An end of a chapter

How can I sum up the past nine months without feeling overcome with emotion?

I can't.

What started as a move to Texas, a new adventure in our lives, has become a pivotal point for our family. A place and time to REMEMBER the Lord's hand...continually.

Our time in Texas has come to an end.

We are returning to Utah.

And with so many mixed emotions I post this blog.

In this short time here, I connected...reconnected with people whom I will treasure in my heart forever. The thought of meeting and reuniting in Heaven again is BEAUTIFUL!

Carrie, that's right! That's what the Celestial Kingdom is all about. And I look forward to that sweet reunion if our time here doesn't cross again.

I have seen lives lived in service to God and His Kingdom. I have felt the reach of the Lord's hand so many times.

And so, as this part of our chapter comes to a close, I can't help but feel that the Lord in His goodness has given us something AMAZING in this experience. In so many ways, it has reminded me of my own mission when I would transfer to a new area. Leaving the people I grew to love and serve but with the deep sense of love for them that never leaves.

Each of us have learned the love of the Lord. These nine months were compacted spiritual learning for our family.

Heavenly Father is so kind to give us this time to learn together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! Sorry for your Texas friends. ....but....YAY FOR ME!!!!!!!! :) Love your guts!!

My Heart Squared said...

Along with my "Plaque Attack" blog I posted today, I had written doen this sayign that perhaps sums up your feelings about your Texas experience:

COULD WE HAVE SUPPOSED WHEN WE STARTED . . . THAT GOD WOULD HAVE GRANTED UNTO US SUCH GREAT BLESSINGS (ALMA 26:1)?

I am grateful that for each and every trial, as we prove faithful and obedient, He provides the blessings!