Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Appreciation

D&C 25:12
     "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing on their heads."

I lead the music for sisters in Relief Society.

Today, the music was BEAUTIFUL!

We have a small group of sisters that attend this meeting. When we sing, the voices are few. But, today, it was enriched with Primary children's voices...and voices of testimony!

As our practice song/hymn for August, the RS president asked us to learn, "I Know that My Savior Loves Me".

So, for the past weeks, we've been learning this song (Click Here to Listen).

Today, before singing together, a sister read about how the song came to be (Click Here).

I invited the older classes in Primary to sing with us...
So, after this sister read, the children sang...
and the sisters joined in...
and the Spirit was sooooo beautiful...
testifying of Jesus Christ and His love for each of us. And our love for Him.

Music is such a powerful tool!

It can Bring us to Christ.


It can Remind us of our Divine Nature and Potential.

It can Testify that God lives and loves us and is very much aware of our needs and cares and lives.


It can Testify of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

A couple of great short reads about the power of music
click here and click here and click here and finally click here.

Today, I witnessed the power of music. I felt the love that the we sisters and the children have for Jesus Christ and I felt His love for each of us.

It was BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: