Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spirit testifies Truth

I love feeling the spirit.

I love having the spirit work through me to touch others.

Today, I spoke in church, and I felt both.

Something I learned today, I need a lot of repentance. And to think I thought I was repenting enough...is there really such a thing?

This was a subject that I needed to give because I have been forgetting to Come to Him.

The Lord is very kind to remind me this way.

These are the sources I used for the talk.

Elder Neil A Anderson gave a wonderful discourse on this repentance (click here).

Elder Jeffrey R Holland talked about coming to Christ through Faith in Christ, repentance, baptism and temple covenants, and then living our covenants (click here).

The people of King Benjamin are a great example of Coming to Christ. They followed the same pattern that Elder Holland outlines (click here...see chapters 1-6).

Anyway, I felt the the spirit witness as I shared thoughts from these lovely scriptures. I felt the spirit witness as I shared my own testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. His church is restored on the earth TODAY and is led by LIVING PROPHETS. And these truths can be known by everyone...as stated in the introduction of the Book of Mormon:

"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10: 3-5.)



Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah."

The spirit is wonderful!


I know Jesus wants us all to come to Him.


               Today!


His atonement can make me/us clean, and happy.

And that is worth living for!

No comments: