Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Carolers

Tonight, in the hustle and bustle of getting kids to bed early...okay, early and early...I got caught up in the duty of doing and forgot about en-JOY-ing them throughout the getting ready.

Even while putting our 8 year old to bed, I seemed more concerned about her going to sleep than I did listening to my other two daughters singing the Christmas carols they are practicing for the school program.

I came upstairs to get myself ready for the night, and what to my wondering ears did I hear, but my dear husband singing carlos with our children.

See how he is. He makes me smile. When I get overstrung about keeping deadlines or schedules or structure ...which seems too often ... he helps set my heart straight. The one thing that REALLY does matter. The heart thing. And hearing him sing carols with our children reset my heart.

No comments: