Friday, December 2, 2011

Please and Thank You

I have been thinking a lot about Alma 7:23 ...more particularly the end of verse.

...asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

Thoughts that tied like feelings to my heart:

I should take ALL my needs to Heavenly Father. Whatever it is I need. Spiritual or temporal. Whatever I need. Anything. Everything. Always!

And as quickly as I receive the answers I am seeking, I need to thank Him.

This week, I have been practicing this lesson.

Last night, I felt as if I was swarmed in a flurry of demands. Children to comfort, meals to be made, places to be and I was running an hour behind. I didn't know which to tackle first. And remembering this scripture, I took my 10 year old (who was one of these people needing comfort) with me to pray to figure out the BEST part so I could DO the best part.  My answer was different than I would have done, had I GONE ON MY OWN to figure out that best part. 

It had taken me almost 15 minutes to remember that I had FORGOTTEN to thank Heavenly Father for His answer. So, my daughter and I, who were now driving down the street, pulled over to pray. I thanked Him for His help in setting my feet straight. And immediatly, LITERALLY, I was flooded with peace and calm and comfort that I had thanked Him. And so I thanked Him again.

I know that Heavenly Father loves me. He wants me to KNOW His love and FEEL His love every day. That is why He gave me some understanding of this scripture this week.

No comments: