Sunday, October 24, 2010

I went to church in camoulage


Last night, during our DI trip, I found and purchased some Sunday clothes. Non-maternity-new-to-me clothes. Delightful!!! After 9 months of the same skirt and top to church, I had a change of clothes. And they are pretty clothes to boot!

So, today, I went to church in my new clothes, with my hair down and not in a claw ( how I usually wear it on Sunday). On my way out the door while swapping places for church and  leaving sick kiddies with my DH, he gives me a big kiss and tells me how pretty and young I am looking.

When church ended, my nine year old came to Relief Society to find me so we could go home together.

Our conversation on the way home went something like this.

Me (rather happy asking): So, how do you like my new out fit?

Nine year-old: What new out fit?

Me (kind of surprised, because she notices whenever I get anything new): The one I'm wearing. Did you see it?

Nine year-old (somewhat irritated): Of course I saw it. That's why I couldn't find you. Your hair was all different. And those clothes! Mom. No wonder I couldn't find you! You were camouflaged!

So. I guess if I want to hide out from my kids, all I need to do is get new clothes and fix my hair.