Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Good People Everywhere

So, we're in transition.

My husband has applied all over, and we know where we'd like to land.

In the mean time, we are down sizing the stuff we have. Through this experience we have met some really good people. The last couple of visits to pick up some things was from a Minister and his son and almost daughter-in-law. I am touched by his love for people. It made me think of the scripture in Mosiah.

Mosiah 2: 12, 16-17, 19
12 I say unto you that as I have been suffered to spend my days in your service, even up to this time, and have not sought gold nor silver nor any manner of riches of you;
• • •
16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.
17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
• • •
19 And behold also, if I, whom ye call your king, who has spent his days in your service, and yet has been in the service of God, do merit any thanks from you, O how you ought to thank your heavenly King!

Anyway, watching the good deeds of others and feeling the desire to serve God is such a sweet experience. I hope to meet many people like this in my lifetime.

So thankful Heavenly Father has sent us here to Texas to meet so many lovely people.

1 comment:

My Heart Squared said...

Isn't Heavenly Father so wonderful. He allows our hearts to open wide so we can let others into our lives.
Most of the time that is so hard, because life is SO vunerable . . .
But it is so worth it, because we will meet wonderful individuals who touch us for good and remind us that God loves all His children!!!
I am so glad Texas has been a highlight for your family.
Maybe the wilderness was the highlight for Nephi, too. That's why he was so good - - - just like you!!!