Friday, March 26, 2010

A quick entry before I go to sleep.

For whatever silly reason I thought that Latter-day Saints had a monopoly on Christ like living...Hmmm.

I know. And I thought I was level headed...open minded...hmmmm. Let me rethink that.

So, living here has given me an open heart to others and is giving me new perspective.

My dear friend, Linde stopped over to deliver some German bread. I gave her asparagus and zucchini...I know, what an exchange!

But she was telling me about her family, how close they are. There is not a competition with any sibling to be right or better or anything like that. There is a genuine love and acceptance and respect for each other. She attributes these qualities as starting from her father. He seems like an amazing person. Her counsel to me is that it starts with example. One cannot expect this to happen without being the first one to love, respect and not compete.

I realize that Heavenly Father has given each of us gifts to develop in this life. We are His children and we have divine qualities that are like Him. So, Linde has oodles of amounts of love and respect for humanity. She knows that Christ loves her as she is. She accepts herself, flaws and all and believes she is a daughter of God. And she acts as such.

I think the thing that I am learning is...remember the people of Zoram...Heesh!
Well, I'd like to be as far from that as possible.

No comments: