Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Deseret Industries, a two year old, and a prayer

So, while spending a day out with my two year old...we stopped at the Deseret Industries.

We go there to look for books...when we are not looking for them at the library. So, it was no surprise when we walked in and my two year old says, " I like the libary! Yea. I like the libary!"

And so, into the "libary" section we went. She pulled books off the shelf while I scoured for some books I hoped to find.

While looking for books on my list, I pulled a copy of the Book of Mormon. I handed it to my two year old and asked her if she would like to have her own copy.

She took it from my hands, squeezed the book close to her chest and smiled. And then, much to my surprise, she flipped open the book, looked at the pages and said a little prayer out loud, thanking Heavenly Father for her book. She was sincere and so happy to have her own copy of the Book of Mormon. So she said another one.

The prayer was so sincere and simple! A sweet reminder that I can thank Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING wherever I am.

2 comments:

Emma said...

What a very sweet girl...a priceless moment! This is another reason why the scripture 'become as a little child' rings true. Thanks for sharing- and can't wait to hear when your little one makes her arrival!

Lusche said...

Isn't that so?! I learn a lot from my girls.
And...I can't wait till #5 makes her arrival;)!