Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tests...

A late post before going to bed.

I had a great talk with my MIL today. We exchanged stories of trials that have made us stronger.

Listening to her experiences made me think that although we travel different paths, Heavenly Father wants us to come back...no matter how far off or on the path to Him we are. 

And because He wants us all to come back, He sent HIS SON, Jesus Christ to atone for us. To pave the way for us...To help us make it through this testing period.

Watching our children grow, I see that the tests start early...

When our youngest was born, I wondered what she felt, leaving a perfect home and coming here to earth where we, her family, are so imperfect.  We tried to create a place that was peaceful. And, yet, I wondered how her adjustment in the beginning to our home here was.

Today, I watched another daughter, my seven year old endure her own test of going to school. 

It was a HARD day for her.

The Spirit was so kind to teach me, as I talked with her about staying in school, that Jesus did what HE did...

even when HE really didn't want to...

because of that moment ... SHE felt alone...

and afraid...

and wanted to not follow through. 

He DID follow through so He could understand her in this moment of feeling scared and alone.

And HE could be there in a way that I cannot...to comfort and give peace...

And all this because He loves us that much.

Anyway, the tests don't end at seven.  

They keep going.  They are life long. 

I am very thankful for a loving perfect Heavenly Father who sent a loving perfect Son.

No comments: