Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How do I help my children? Personal Revelation!

Today, as I prayed for each of my children, I was confident that Heavenly Father would answer my prayers. I am relying on revelation!

After my children came home from school, I felt His guidance as we did homework together, He added patience so I could listen, and even when feelings were hurt when I was too quick to speak, He helped my ears to hear and a heart to feel in the "I'm Sorry"s and "I forgive you"s. And specifically, direct answers to questions that have been pondering in my heart came...when I needed them.

I have confidence in the promises:

"Revelation can come hour by hour and moment by moment as we do the right things. When women nurture as Christ nurtured, a power and peace can descend to guide when help is needed. For instance, mothers can feel help from the Spirit even when tired, noisy children are clamoring for attention, but they can be distanced from the Spirit if they lose their temper with children. Being in the right places allows us to receive guidance. It requires a conscious effort to diminish distractions, but having the Spirit of revelation makes it possible to prevail over opposition and persist in faith through difficult days and essential routine tasks. Personal revelation gives us the understanding of what to do every day to increase faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and seek those who need our help. Because personal revelation is a constantly renewable source of strength, it is possible to feel bathed in help even during turbulent times.

We are told to put our trust in that Spirit which leads us “to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously.” We are also told that this Spirit will enlighten our minds, fill our souls with joy, and help us know all things we should do. Promised personal revelation comes when we ask for it, prepare for it, and go forward in faith, trusting that it will be poured out upon us."

-Julie B Beck, Conference 2010

No comments: