Monday, September 27, 2010

Safe Harbor

Today's walk to school for our children stirred a lot of emotions.

Perhaps it's the arrival of our new little addition, Ellie Marie.

Perhaps it's broken hours of sleep.

Perhaps it's hormones adjusting.

Perhaps it's more...

Perhaps...it's knowing that my children...that I have to trust the Lord.

Perhaps in letting go...I am learning to trust Him. Hoping they will follow Him.

I wondered, if when we come here to earth, if Heavenly Father has that longing for each child.

For a safe return.

And yet, He knows the end from the beginning.

He knows US...because He is our Father.

He knows our hearts.

And so, how WISE to send us to families.  With instructions!

I thought how families are a safe harbor for children...for each family member from the "storms of the adversary".

I am thankful for The Family: A Proclamation to the World. I see...I feel Heavenly Father's love for me and my family in it's words. I am comforted in His promises of a happy life with my family...because his promises are sure.

2 comments:

J Celeste said...

I wanr details about Ellie Marie! When was she born? How are you? How is she? ETC!! What are you thinking leaving me in the dark! Love U!

Brandy said...

More details about Ellie please! I knew it would be another sweet girl!